If You Love Drinking Garri with Groundnuts, See what It Causes to Your Health
Groundnut is one of the most common street snacks in Nigeria and it’s also a popular proteinous food globally. For individuals who love drinking garri, groundnut can be regarded as an essential supplement to make the garri more delicious and also increase its nutritional value. To them, the garri snacking is not complete if there is no groundnut.
Despite the fact that most people love eating these sweet peanuts, few actually know what they contribute to our health. In this article, we will be talking about what groundnuts contributes to our health. We shall also be using peanuts too since they are of the same family and of the same nutritional value
Nutrition facts for 100 grams of raw peanuts:
- Calories – 567
- Protein – 25.8 grams
- Fat – 49.2 grams (Saturated – 6.28 grams, Monounsaturated – 24.43 grams, Polyunsaturated – 15.56 grams)
- Carbs – 16.1 grams
- Sugar – 4.7 grams
- Fiber – 8.5 grams
- Water -7%
Health Benefits Of Groundnuts
1. Helps in Weight Loss.
Although Groundnuts did not contain any content that burns fat, it has the capability to induce fullness when eaten as a snack. This will reduce the number of calories you’ll consume in the day.
2. Prevents Gallstones
Consumption of 5 or more units of groundnuts in a week will reduce the risks of gallstone disease in men and the risk of cholecystectomy in women.
3. Helps Fight Depression
Peanuts contain sizable amounts of tryptophan which can boost the production of serotonin. Serotonin is a hormone produced by the brain to regulate mood.
4. Boosts Hair Growth
Few researchers believe that as peanuts contain all the amino acids & protein, they could be a good supplementation to a diet for hair growth.
Groundnuts Side Effects
There is nothing bad drinking your Garri with groundnuts. But it should not be consumed in excess.
Groundnuts can be harmful to the body. Some studies reveal that peanuts might cause allergies to some people. There are also reports about people who experience severe allergies after consuming groundnuts. Such people are advised to stay clear from consuming groundnuts for the sake of their health.
This is Nuts Allergy: News Credit: CelBestNews. com
Best of Our Stories
- Nemesis: Couple Who Poisoned Family of 5 in 2017 in Anambra Finally Exposed (Video)
- Biography and Background of Pastor Onye Eze Jesus
- Man Kills In Turkey after returning home for Christmas and spreading money; to be buried with own Mom
- Pastor Strips Naked, Confesses of Sleeping with his 3 daughters and Killing Own 8 Children
- From Akara Selling to Becoming a Counselor: The Touching Story of Ugochinyere Eze the Akara seller who became a Counselor
- See The Two Verses In The Bible Where The Name Of “Trump” Was Mentioned