2021 Bible Study Outline | Church of Nigeria.
This is a Bible study outline for Church of Nigeria Anglican Communion. We have seen the need to add the Igbo version of the Bible Study every week to reach more people.
(English) STUDY 15
1st Sunday after Easter April 11, 2021
THEME: COVENANT WITH THE LIVING GOD
SUB-THEME 3: God’s covenant with man-(8)
TOPIC: Davidic Covenant
TEXTS: 2 Sam. 7: 8-17; 23: 1, 5; Isaiah 55:3
i. to teach the purpose of God for the Davidic covenant
ii. to know what the Davidic Covenant entails and
iii. the relevance of this covenant to our generation.
INTRODUCTION: An everlasting covenant was made between God and David in which David
and his descendants were established as the royal heirs to the throne of the nation of Israel (2
Sam. 7: 15-16). The promise of an eternal throne to David’s line was a major factor in
developing the hope of a Messiah among the people of Israel. Israel’s expectation in the
covenant reached its highest fulfillment when Jesus the Messiah, a descendant of the line of
David, was born in Bethlehem about a thousand years after God had made this promise to David
the king (Matt. 1: 1). The question is: is the Davidic covenant still relevant to our generation? If
1. Explain your understanding of the Davidic Covenant and how do the texts give credence
to your understanding?
2. What motivated God to establish the Davidic Covenant? 1 Sam. 13: 13-14; 15:23,26,28;
16:1,13; Matt. 1: 1.
3. What lessons can we learn from the above (Study guide 3) with respect to our different
callings as Christians?
4. What is the basis for the relevance of the Davidic Covenant to our generation? Ps. 89: 3-4;
Matt 1:1; Lu 1:32-33; Rev. 22: 16.
CONCLUSION: The greatness and honor of David’s name was based on the fulfillment of the
Covenant through Christ Jesus (Matt 21:9). Therefore, make yourself great here on earth and in
heaven by having faith in Jesus Christ, King of kings and LORD of lords.
FOOD FOR THOUGHT: If David’s greatness was based on the fulfillment of the Covenant
through Christ Jesus, what is the basis for your faith?
MEMORY VERSES: Psalm 89: 3-4 “I have made a covenant with My chosen, I have sworn to
My servant David: Your seed I will establish forever and build up your throne to all
(Igbo) IHE ỌMỤMỤ 15
SỌNDE NKE MBỤ KA NMENME MBILITE N’ONWU GASIRI EPREL 11, 2021
ISI OKWU NCHỊKỌTA: Ọgbụgba Ndụ anyị na Chineke Ukwu Dị Ndụ
ISI OKWU NTA 3: Ọgbụgba Ndụ Chukwu na Madụ (8)
ISI OKWU: Ọgbụgba Ndụ nke gbasara David
IHE ỌGỤGỤ AKWUKWỌ NSỌ: 2 Sam. 7: 8-17; 23:1, 5: Isaiah 55:3
EBUM N’OBI ỌMỤMỤ IHE:
i. Iji kuzie ebumn’obi nke Chineke dika o gbasara Ogbugba Ndu nke Devid.
ii. Iji mara ihe ogbugba ndu nke David putara.
iii. Iji gosiputa uru nke ogbugba ndu nke David baara ogbo a.
Chukwu gbara ogbugba ndu ebighebi nke Ya na David, iji mee ka David na ndi agalaba ya niile buru ndi ga-anodu dika ndi nketa, nke ochie eze mba Israel (2 Sam. 7: 15-16). Nkwa enyere David gbasara oche eze ebighebi bu ihe okpurukpu putara ihe n’iji were weputa olileanya nke Onye Nzoputa (Mezaiah) n’etiti Umu Israel.
Nke a mere ka olile-anya ndi Israel n’ime ogbugba ndu a zue oke mgbe emere ka O puta ihe bu Jisos, Onye Nzoputa uwa niile, bukwa Onye nke sitere n’agburu David, nke a muru na Bethlehem ka Jehovah kwechara Eze David nkwa a ka otu poku aro ato gasiri. Ajuju di oke mkpa were buru: Ogbugba ndu nke David o ka di mkpa n’ime ogbo anyi no na ya?
O buru na the osisa bu Ee, keduzi ka o siri me?
1. Kowaa ihe ighotara n’ime Ogbugba ndu nke David, ma kedu ka ihe ogugu anyi jiri soro kowaa ogbugba ndu a?
2. Kedu ihe mere Chukwu jiri hiwe Ogbugba Ndu nke David? (1Sam 13: 13 -14; 15: 23, 26, 28; 16: 1, 13; Matt 1: 1)
3. Kedu ihe omumu anyi nwere ike imuta n’ime Ihe Omumu 3, dika anyi na-enenyere anya n’okpukpo oku a kporo anyi n’ime ogbo anyi?
4. Kedu ihe omimi nke di n’ime Ogbugba ndu David n’ime ogbo anyi? Abu oma 89: 3-4; Matt 1 : 1; Luk 1: 32 – 33; Rev. 22: 16.
Ugwu na Ogoogo aha nke David bu nke hiwere site na mmezu nke ogbugba ndu nke Kraist Jisos (Matiu 21: 9). Onye o bula n’ime anyi kwesiri ime ka ogoogo ya guzosie ike n’ime uwa, ma n’eluigwe site n’inwe okwukwe n’ebe Jisos Kraist no. O bu Ya bu Eze ndi eze, burukwa Chi kasi chi niile.
OKWU IBU N’UCHE
O buru na ehiwere agburu n’ogbo David site na mmezu nke ogbugba Ndu nke Kraist Jisos, kedu ebe okwukwe nke gi hiwere Isi?
IHE OGUGU IBU N’UCHE
Abuoma 89: 3-3: “Mu na onye M’raputara agbawo ndu, A ñuworom David bu oru m, iyi; rue mgbe ebighebi ka M geme ka nkpuru-gi guzosie ike, M’gewukwa oche-eze Gi ruo ogbo niile.”
Best of Our Stories
- Pastor Strips Naked, Confesses of Sleeping with his 3 daughters and Killing Own 8 Children
- Biography and Background of Pastor Onye Eze Jesus
- See The Two Verses In The Bible Where The Name Of “Trump” Was Mentioned
- Nemesis: Couple Who Poisoned Family of 5 in 2017 in Anambra Finally Exposed (Video)
- From Akara Selling to Becoming a Counselor: The Touching Story of Ugochinyere Eze the Akara seller who became a Counselor
- Abu Anglican Communion 1 to 400 (Igbo Hymn)