King Grass Plant – Uses and Health Benefits
As a homegirl, one thing that always comes to my mind when we talk about the King Grass is ‘bush convenience. I mean we used the always fresh and greeny leaves to wipe our buttocks when we finished defecating in the bush. No wonder we are all free from the pile (Hormoarage). King Grass Plant – Uses and Health Benefits.
King Grass is regarded as a weed; bush weed at that. Some families fetch it as goatweed but we don’t. Our Goats don’t eat it. In Igbo dialect, we call the King grass plant Osighi isi or Oloro ofuu. In Yoruba, it is called Ewe Imiesu. The plant is also a first-aid for us back then. Whenever we had a cut or fell from a tree and had wounds; it was king grass we always ran to.
Every child who grew in the village knew how to apply KIng grass as the first aid on a cut. Just pluck up to 5leaves or as your palms would contain, squeeze them until they produce juice. The juice is then applied to the face of the wound or the cut.
This King grass juice helps in rapid healing and as well helps in clotting if it bleeds. Surprisingly, I found that King grass is also among the best nutritive super vegetable to be used as food, but unknown to the world.
The leaves are prepared as soup with enough pure red oil (unbleached palm oil), with enough spices, and eaten without food in enough quantity to stop DIARRHEA. It’s almost miraculous. In this post, I shall be discussing King Grass, its uses, how to use it, and other health benefits.
King grass is also known as miracle grass or leaves. You must have heard about King grass if you live anywhere in Africa, especially Nigeria. This great plant is otherwise known as miracle grass. It is not just been referred to as miracle grass. Indeed, it possesses a great health advantage that can make us call it miracle grass.
King Grass Plant – Uses and Health Benefits
Uses and Health Benefits of King grass otherwise known as Miracle Grass
1. ULCER REMEDY
How to use king grass/plant for Ulcer
2. SOLUTION TO DIARRHOEA
3. MANPOWER FOR MEN
Other Health Benefits of King Grass
– It’s a natural fertilizer for the soil.
– Good for Abdominal and back pains.
– Good for Frontal and general headache.
– Excellent for poisonous bites/stings.
– Works against Hernia.
– Antidote against evil spells.
– It protects other plants and the environment where it grows against negative energies/evils.
– Facilitates delivery when teas from the plant are taken as an enema (‘pump’) regularly at the last month of pregnancy and at the onset of labor.
– Good against all types of poisonings. Chew seven heads or squeeze fresh clean juice and drink. NB: Many vomits poison after taking it. Repeat twice daily for a few days.
– Works against NIGHT POISONING or SPIRITUAL POISONING. Chew a few heads or squeeze the juice and drink first thing in the early morning before greeting anyone.
– Painful swellings: Apply the juice to swellings
– Good for withlow, a herpes viral infection. Grind a few leaves and apply the paste on the affected finger(s) or part of the body.
– Works for fertility in women and more in tubes
– Good for CONJUNCTIVITIS and other Eye problems. Apply juice in affected eyes.
– Smash and apply the paste on both fresh and old wounds for healing… It’s a powerful antibiotic.
– Good for Sore throat.
– Has aphrodisiac properties, thus boosting libido.
– Excellent for diabetes.
– Very good of Ceased menstruation and other menstrual problems.
– Works against Grey hair. Take tea as an enema and apply fresh juice on hair/head and massage well
– When Flowers(three or seven) are swallowed, they work as an antidote against poisoning and help you keep the enemy out of you.
– Inhaled to cure dizziness
– Excellent for Coughs in Children. Add a pinch of salt and pepper to make it more effective.
– Taken as an enema to cure fever in children. Also bath children with boiled leaves (teas from leaves).
– Cures abdominal heat in infertile women
– Crush with a little pepper and apply on Athletes’ Foot.
– Works against Urinary tract infections.
– Excellent against Nose bleeding. Put drops in nostrils and lie with head up for a few minutes.
– Good for sinusitis.
– Juice is excellent in removing hard particles in the eyes. Apply juice in the affected eye(s).
**The FRESH JUICE of King Grass is more effective. However, teas from it are more commonly used.