Health Benefits of “Wonder of the World” Plant or Odaa opuo
Today, we shall examine the Health Benefits of the “Wonder of the World” Plant or Odaa opuo. It is a popular plant found in almost every home in Africa. I don’t know about other continents but Odaa opue or odaa opue is not strange in Nigeria.
What is Odaa Opuo or Odaa Opue?
Can You eat Odaa Opuo leaf raw?
Health Benefits of the “Wonder of the World or Odaa opuo”
Wonder of the world is used to cure bacteria infection on the skin. I remembered as a child, I used to have sour and itching foot caused by poisonous grass. However, we called this infection Earthworm (Idide). We assumed the infection is caused by an earthworm.
So, when this sore became worse, mother would pluck three or two leaves from the plant and smoked them on the fire. When it was softened by the smoke, the leaves will be squeezed. The juice gotten from the leaves were used to dab on our sore feet and toes.
Treatment of Boil
Odaa opuo plant is also used to treat a boil. The same method for footsore are followed but in the case of boils, you don’t need to squeeze the leaves.
The smoked leaves are used to wrap on the face of the boil like gauze. This is will help to ease the pains and makes the boil open by itself.
Hangover from Alcoholic
Treatment of Kidney Stone
Other Health Benefits of “Wonder of the World” Plant or Odaa opuo
- It is used against dysentery.
- The plant root is used to treat high blood pressure.
- It is also used to prevent any kind of cardiac problem.
- Bryophyllum pinnatum is used for the treatment of fever.
- Rhizome powdered is used for the treatment of constipation.
- Bryophyllum pinnatum paste is used for the treatment of boil, wound, soar or cuts.
- The extract of Bryophyllum pinnatum is used for the treatment of roundworms (clotrimazole).
- The extract of the plant is used for the treatment of antipyretic activity.
- Using the juice of this as an eardrop heals the ear pain. It’s a natural remedy for ear pain.
- The paste of Pashan Bheda mixed with honey is used for the beginners teething trouble.
- Because of anti-diabetic property, it is used for the treatment of diabetics.
- The root of this plant is believed to protect the liver and proved useful for the treatment of hepatitis.
- It is proved diuretic.
So, it cures difficult urination. It helps clean the bladder and get rid of harmful toxins from the intestines.
- Because of its antioxidant property, the plant is used in a mixture of herbal green tea.
- It is used as one of the home remedies for piles (Hemorrhoids).
- The leaf juice is used for the treatment of stomach aches.
- The extract is used for the nourishment of the hair and treating gray hair.
- The leaves are used against intestinal disorder.
- The extract of this is anti-inflammatory and reduces inflammation.
- It is also used for the treatment of blood-mixed diarrhea.
- The paste is used against leucorrhoea.
- The fresh juice of Patharchur can be used to treat jaundice.
- It has importance in the treatment of certain types of cancer
- It may help with weight management.:
- It is the natural treatment for kidney and gallbladder stones:
How to Prepare Wonder of the World Plant (odaa opuo) Tea
>> To make tea for Asthma, shortness of breath, boosting the immune system, and to cleanse the intestines of harmful bacteria.
- Add 5 fresh or dried leaves, with stems to 1 pint boiling water.
- Steep for 5-10 minutes.
- Strain and drink straight or add honey to taste. Makes 3 doses.
- Take this tea three times a day.
>> Juice for chest cold:
- Warm 3 leaves and juice them. This should yield 2-3 tablespoons of leaf juice.
- Add a pinch of sea salt.
- Take one tablespoon three times a day for as long as needed.
>> Cough mixture for cold, coughs and chest congestion:
- Warm 13 fresh leaves over a fire.
- Rub the leaves between your palms until they become juicy.
- Squeeze the juice into a small pot. This should yield at least 6-8 tablespoons of juice.
- Add the juice of 3 limes and 2 ounces, honey, to the pot.
- Simmer on a low flame for 5-7 minutes.
- Remove from flame and allow to cool. Store in a bottle.
- Take one tablespoonful every three hours for two weeks.
- Skip one week and repeat, if necessary.
>> Poultice for skin ulcer, sprains and insect stings:
- Grind 7 fresh leaves into a poultice.
- Apply the poultice evenly to the affected area.
- Apply a fresh poultice twice a day, morning and night, as often as needed.
The Sum on “Health Benefits of “Wonder of the World” Plant or Odaa opuo
Miracle Leaf and Life Plant which is botanically known as Bryophyllum pinnatum is indeed a miracle plant. The list of its medicinal potency is inexhaustible.
Best of Our Stories
- If You Are Not Using These 2 Leaves For Your Stew, You Are Missing Something
- From Akara Selling to Becoming a Counselor – Touching Story of Ugochinyere Eze the Akara seller
- How To Vote On BBNaija 2021 – Vote For Your Favorite Housemate
- Don-Davis has Grown so Big – 10 Months after Deborah Okezie Accused Deeper Life School of Maltreating her Son