Is Christian having a Tattoo a sin?
Tattoo or Tattoos in the Bible. I have come across a question like: “Is Christian having a Tattoo a sin?” In this post, we shall be discussing this important topic and try to provide answers.
There are many Christians today who have tattoos on their bodies without knowing the spiritual implications of it. You see them asking; “are tattoos a sin”?
POPULAR STORY RIGHT NOW:
In this article too, we shall see different verses in the Bible where tattooing is termed as a sin. We want to provide some answers relating to some questions about whether it is a sin for a Christian to have his or her body marked with tattoos. Let’s take a look at those questions:
- Is it a sin to have a tattoo? Similar to this question are:
- Is getting a tattoo a sin in the bible? is getting a tattoo a sin in Christianity?
- Is a tattoo a sin in the bible? Are tattoos a sin in the bible?
- why are tattoos a sin?
Is it a sin to get a tattoo in Christianity?
- Is Christian having a Tattoo a sin”
- The answer to all the questions is Yes!. In fact, capital YES! If the answer is Yes, the next question should be; why are tattoos a sin?
- Tattooing is a sin against God. The act of tattooing was condemned in the verses of the scripture. God hates Tattoos and He has asked us (Christians) not to have our bodies marked with tattoos.
- According to Bible KnowingJesus.com, there 8 verses in the scripture that condemned tattoos.
- Bible Verses for Tattoos
- “You shall not make any cuts in your body for the dead nor make any tattoo marks on yourselves: I am the Lord”.
- “They shall not make any baldness on their heads, nor shave off the edges of their beards, nor make any cuts in their flesh”.
- “This one will say, ‘I am the Lord’s’; And that one will call on the name of Jacob; And another will write on his hand, ‘Belonging to the Lord,’ And will name Israel’s name with honor.
- “Do you not know that you are a temple of God and that the Spirit of God dwells in you? If any man destroys the temple of God, God will destroy him, for the temple of God is holy, and that is what you are”.
- Corinthians 6:19-20
- “Or do you not know that your body is a temple of the Holy Spirit who is in you, whom you have from God, and that you are not your own? For you have been bought with a price: therefore glorify God in your body.”
- “And he causes all, the small and the great, and the rich and the poor, and the free men and the slaves, to be given a mark on their right hand or on their forehead, and he provides that no one will be able to buy or to sell, except the one who has the mark, either the name of the beast or the number of his name.”
- Then another angel, a third one, followed them, saying with a loud voice, “If anyone worships the beast and his image, and receives a mark on his forehead or on his hand, he also will drink of the wine of the wrath of God, which is mixed in full strength in the cup of His anger; and he will be tormented with fire and brimstone in the presence of the holy angels and in the presence of the Lamb. And the smoke of their torment goes up forever and ever; they have no rest day and night, those who worship the beast and his image, and whoever receives the mark of his name.”
- The following passages from the Bible have provided answers to all the questions, most especially the last question. Tattooing is a sin because it is an instruction from God our Maker. For any Christian asking, if Tattooing being ok, the answer should be nay.
- Leviticus 19:28 is the major verse where the instruction was made plain. “You shall not make any cuts in your body for the dead nor make any tattoo marks on yourselves: I am the Lord.”
- The Sum on Is Christian having a Tattoo a sin
- God does not want you to give a cut or a mark of any sort on your body because you are not the owner of the body. In Revelation 14 verse 11, it was revealed that anyone with a mark of number or number will be thrown into a burning fire.
- Finally, the question; is Christian having a tattoo or tattoos on the body is a sin is not one to be given a roundabout answer. The answer is straight.
- We have given the answer and said, yes, it is a sin. It capital YES because the Bible has said so. We have also provided bible verses where God instructed us not to tattoo.