Where can I go in Nigeria to get artificial legs, limb, hand, toes, fingers, breast, ears, nose…? SUN-TECH Prosthetics & Orthotics Limited – Best Place in Nigeria for Prosthetics & Orthotics Services. Read also: Best Hospital for CT and MRI Scan – Memfys Diagnostic Centre, Enugu
SUN-TECH Prosthetics & Orthotics – Best Place in Nigeria for Prosthetics & Orthotics Services
Prosthetics and orthotics are two related fields of healthcare that focus on designing, manufacturing, and fitting artificial limbs (prosthetics) and external support devices (orthotics) to enhance the mobility and functionality of individuals with physical disabilities or impairments. These devices are tailored to meet the specific needs of patients and improve their quality of life.
- Prosthetics: Prosthetics refer to artificial limbs or body parts that are designed to replace or supplement missing or non-functioning limbs. They are used to assist individuals who have lost a limb due to injury, congenital conditions, or medical conditions like diabetes or peripheral vascular disease. Prosthetic limbs aim to restore mobility, balance, and independence for the users.
Types of prosthetics:
- Lower Limb Prosthetics: These are designed for amputations below the knee (transtibial) or above the knee (transfemoral).
- Upper Limb Prosthetics: These are designed for amputations below the elbow (transradial) or above the elbow (transhumeral).
- Other Prosthetic Devices: Prosthetics can also include artificial hands, feet, fingers, toes, and even facial prostheses.
- Orthotics: Orthotics are external support devices used to improve the function and stability of various body parts, primarily the musculoskeletal system. Unlike prosthetics, orthotics are not meant to replace missing body parts but to support and enhance the function of existing ones. They are used to alleviate pain, correct deformities, and assist in rehabilitation after injuries or surgeries.
Types of orthotics:
- Lower Limb Orthotics: These are used for conditions like ankle instability, foot drop, or knee osteoarthritis.
- Upper Limb Orthotics: These are used for conditions like carpal tunnel syndrome, tennis elbow, or shoulder injuries.
- Spinal Orthotics: These are used to support and stabilize the spine in conditions like scoliosis or spinal fractures.
- Custom Orthotics: Orthotic devices can be custom-made to fit a patient’s unique anatomy and needs.
Education and Training: Practitioners in the field of prosthetics and orthotics require specialized training and education. Many prosthetists and orthotists hold a bachelor’s or master’s degree in Prosthetics and Orthotics from accredited programs. They learn how to assess patients, design and fabricate appropriate devices, and provide ongoing care and adjustments.
Collaboration with Healthcare Professionals: Prosthetists and orthotists often work closely with physicians, physical therapists, occupational therapists, and other healthcare professionals to ensure that the devices meet the patient’s needs and complement their overall treatment plan.
Advancements in Technology: Prosthetics and orthotics have seen significant advancements in recent years, driven by innovations in materials, robotics, and biomechanics. These advancements have led to more functional and comfortable devices for patients, improving their overall mobility and quality of life. SUN-TECH Prosthetics & Orthotics – Best Place in Nigeria for Prosthetics & Orthotics Services.
Overall, prosthetics and orthotics play a crucial role in helping individuals with physical disabilities regain their independence, mobility, and confidence, enabling them to lead fulfilling lives.
Prosthetics & Orthotics Services in Nigeria
Here are some key points related to prosthetics and orthotics services in Nigeria:
- Limited Access: Access to prosthetics and orthotics services in Nigeria was often limited, particularly in rural areas. Most of the specialized facilities and practitioners were concentrated in urban centers, making it challenging for people in remote regions to access these services easily.
- Few Qualified Professionals: There was a shortage of qualified and trained prosthetists and orthotists in Nigeria. As a result, the demand for these services often exceeded the available resources.
- High Cost: Prosthetics and orthotics devices can be expensive, and not everyone in Nigeria could afford them. This financial barrier posed challenges for many individuals who required these devices to improve their mobility and quality of life.
- Lack of Awareness: There was also a lack of awareness about prosthetics and orthotics services among the general population, which could lead to delayed or inadequate treatment for individuals who could benefit from these devices.
- Nonprofit Organizations and NGOs: Some nonprofit organizations and non-governmental organizations (NGOs) in Nigeria were working to address the challenges related to prosthetics and orthotics services. They provided free or subsidized devices and services to those in need, especially in regions with limited access to healthcare facilities.
- Government Initiatives: The Nigerian government had taken some steps to improve access to healthcare services, including prosthetics and orthotics. However, the progress was slow, and more efforts were needed to address the existing gaps.
It is worthy to note here that advancements in technology and healthcare have brought about positive changes in the availability and quality of these services in the country.
Where is the best place in Nigeria for Prosthetics & Orthotics?
Are you among those who are asking; where do I go for Prosthetics & Orthotics service in Nigeria? One of the best is located in Abuja, SUN-TECH Prosthetics & Orthotics limited.
Mention the best facility or hospital for Prosthetics & Orthotics in Nigeria. Where can I get Prosthetics & Orthotics services for? We recommend Sun-Tech Prosthetics and Orthotics Limited. The video below is a patient at SUN-TECH who received artificial leg (Prosthetics service).
Sun-Tech Prosthetics and Orthotics Limited is determined to medically achieve the latest advancements in technology in line with global standards by providing best value for money without compromising on quality.
“The inception of our ideas through design and production right through to the roll-out to the users both in Nigeria, Africa and the world at large. Our aim is to provide support to amputees through cutting edge technology and engineering expertise.
We offer a wide range of services including orthopedic care services for provision of customized artificial limbs for amputees rehabilitation, management of musculoskeletal conditions, etc
We recognize that mobility can be challenging for some; therefore, we are pleased to have fully mobile care teams that come to you. You can receive all of the assistance you need from the comfort of your own home.
We ensure everyone involved is on the same page when it comes to your recovery and rehabilitation, including your physician, physical therapist, home health care provider, and even your family.
From the initial conversation and consultation to dealing with insurance, fittings, physical therapy, and everything in between, our team ensures a smooth process, so you can focus on getting back to doing the things you love. We are here for you.” — SUN-TECH Team
SUN-TECH Prosthetics & Orthotics – Best Place in Nigeria for Prosthetics & Orthotics Services
Frequently Asked Questions on Prosthetics & Orthotics Services in Nigeria
- What is a prosthetic leg, and how can it benefit me in Nigeria?
A prosthetic leg is an artificial limb designed to replace a missing or amputated leg. It can significantly improve mobility and independence for individuals who have lost a leg due to injury, disease, or congenital conditions in Nigeria.
- How much does a prosthetic leg cost in Nigeria?
The cost of a prosthetic leg in Nigeria can vary depending on factors such as the type of prosthetic, the level of amputation, the materials used, and the manufacturer. Prices can range from a few hundred thousand Naira to several million Naira.
- What is the price range for an artificial hand in Nigeria?
The price of an artificial hand in Nigeria can vary depending on factors such as the complexity of the design, the level of functionality, and the brand. Artificial hands can cost from hundreds of thousands to millions of Naira.
- How much does an above-knee artificial leg cost in Nigeria?
The cost of an above-knee prosthetic leg in Nigeria can vary based on factors such as the type of technology, the materials used, and the level of customization required. Prices typically range from several hundred thousand Naira to over a million Naira. SUN-TECH Prosthetics & Orthotics – Best Place in Nigeria for Prosthetics & Orthotics Services.
What is the price of prosthetic toes in Nigeria?
The cost of prosthetic toes in Nigeria can vary depending on the type of prosthetic, the materials used, and the level of customization required. Prices can range from tens of thousands to hundreds of thousands of Naira.
- Are there different types of artificial limbs available in Nigeria?
Yes, there are various types of artificial limbs available in Nigeria, including prosthetic legs, arms, hands, toes, and more. These prosthetic devices come in different designs and functionalities to meet the specific needs of individuals with limb loss.
- Are prosthetic legs and other artificial limbs covered by health insurance in Nigeria?
In some cases, health insurance may cover a portion of the cost of prosthetic legs and other artificial limbs in Nigeria. However, coverage and reimbursement policies can vary among insurance providers, and it’s essential to check with your insurance company for specific details.
- Can I get a customized prosthetic leg or artificial limb in Nigeria?
Yes, many prosthetists and orthotists in Nigeria offer customized prosthetic legs and artificial limbs tailored to each individual’s unique needs, lifestyle, and preferences.
- How do I choose the right prosthetic provider or clinic in Nigeria?
When choosing a prosthetic provider or clinic in Nigeria, consider factors such as their experience, expertise, reputation, range of services offered, and patient testimonials. It’s essential to work with qualified professionals who understand your needs and can provide personalized care. That is why we recommend SUN-TECH Prosthetic and Orthotists.
- What should I expect during the process of getting a prosthetic leg in Nigeria?
The process of obtaining a prosthetic leg typically involves a series of steps, including assessment, measurements, socket fitting, alignment, and gait training. The prosthetist will work closely with you to ensure the prosthesis fits comfortably and functions effectively.
- How do I maintain and care for my prosthetic leg or artificial limb in Nigeria?
Proper maintenance and care are essential to ensure the longevity and functionality of your prosthetic leg or artificial limb. Your prosthetist will provide guidance on cleaning, checking for wear and tear, and scheduling regular check-ups for adjustments and repairs.
Are there any support groups or resources available for individuals with prosthetics in Nigeria?
Yes, there are support groups and organizations in Nigeria that cater to individuals with limb loss. These groups can provide valuable emotional support, information, and resources to help you adapt to life with a prosthetic limb.
Please remember that the prices and information mentioned in the above answers are subject to change, and it’s recommended to consult with a certified prosthetist or orthotist in Nigeria like SUN-TECH Limited for accurate and up-to-date details.
SUN-TECH Prosthetics & Orthotics – Best Place in Nigeria for Prosthetics & Orthotics Services.
Best of Our Stories
- Don-Davis has Grown so Big – 10 Months after Deborah Okezie Accused Deeper Life School of Maltreating her Son
- How Chibuike Okoli was killed in Turkey after returning home for Christmas
- New and Classic Ankara Long Gown Styles for Weddings; Occasions
- Strange Map of Nigeria Appeared in the Sky in Jos, Igbo Tribe Missing; Stirs Big Reactions