-What is the best form of Coconut Oil?
-Cold-Pressed is the best form of Coconut Oil
*Image credit Author
About Coconut Oil
There are major active medicinal properties that are looked out for in coconut oil. If these active properties are absent, the aim of using this oil is defeated.
Coconut oil, or copra oil, is an edible oil extracted from the kernel or meat of mature coconuts harvested from the coconut palm. It has various applications. Because of its high saturated fat content, it is slow to oxidize and, thus, resistant to rancidification, lasting up to six months at 24 °C without spoiling. Wikipedia
The major active ingredients in coconut oil are fatty acids and its components are 49% lauric acid (C12:0) and 20% myristic acid (C14:0). Smaller amounts of secondary fatty acids include 8% palmitic acid (C16:0), 7% caprylic acid (C8:0), 5% capric acid (C10:0) and 3% stearic acid (C18:0).
According to research, cold-pressed is the best method in coconut oil processing which helps to preserve the 90 percent active ingredients in it. I am not surprised at this claim. This is because the best oil is cold-pressed. Example of cold-pressed oil is Olive oil and other plants oil.
Cold pressing a coconut is not difficult at all. It can be learned in three steps. Cold-pressed coconut oil is hygienic and safe to use in sensitive parts like vagina lubricant oil or for the treatment of fungi infection. This is because cold-pressed coconut oil contains more 95% Flucanozole than the fluconazole drug content.
Cold-pressed coconut oil can be used as a lip balm. It can be used as a moisturizing cream and for the treatment of Ezma, pimples, dark spots, and dark shade.
The highest of them all is Cold-pressed coconut oil as edible oil. It can be used to cook and it can be ingested for the treatment of cough and constipation. Do you know you can actually apply coconut oil on the pile site? Yes, rub it in your swollen and inflamed veins in the rectum each time you finish defecating. It cures hemorrhoids.
HOW TO COLD-PRESS COCONUT OIL
I am going to discuss the three steps together here:
- Get a well brown coconut; preferably, Ghana coconut.
- Remove the meat and slice into small pieces.
- Grind, blend or mill it.
- Add hot water after grinding it to make the coconut pulp warm
- Get a cheesecloth or sieve cloth, pour the ground or blended coconut in small quantity, and begin to squeeze out the water the way you do when you want to separate the chaff from the blended fruit. Press out all the milk and throw away the chaff. You can keep the chaff for your animal or bird feeds if you rear animals.
- Pour the whole milk into a bucket with a tight lid. Cover and keep in a warm room.
- Leave it to ferment for 24hours.
- After 24 hours, scoop them out, little by little. Or, put the bucket in the freezer and allow the oil which has settled on the top of the bucket to block.
- bring out the blocked oil or oil pulp. Put it in a clean pot. Put it on the fire and heat with little fire. While you heat it, stir with a spoon. Your darling coconut oil will begin to manifest.
Remember to heat with just a little fire. The little the fire, the whiter your oil and the more medicinal it becomes. Cooked or boiled coconut oil is as good as red oil. When you boil coconut oil, it has lost its medicinal properties to fire.